6 months contract to start (contract extensions are possible).
As an Intermediate Full Stack Software Developer, you will work with other developers to build and maintain code.
The ideal candidate should be self-driven and have a systematic problem-solving approach and strong troubleshooting skills. The ideal candidate should have exceptional English written and oral communication skills, previous experience in a start-up environment, be proactive about improving quality, and one who learns quickly and stays informed regarding industry trends.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Math, Engineering) or equivalent in relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a software developer
- At least 3 years working on web applications
- At least 2 years working on back-end systems
- Knowledge of various system architectures and software patterns
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Proficiency with React, Redux, HTML5, and CSS3
- Proficiency with SQL, Postgres, and Redis
- Experience with automated testing (Jest, Cucumber, Puppeteer, etc.)
- Experience in source code management and branching techniques (Git preferred)
- Some experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Knowledge of networking
Responsibilities, Skills, and Competencies
- Work with other developers to build and maintain code across web clients, servers, and IoT devices.
- Write well-designed, reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Participate in rotating on-call duties
- The position is only for freelancers from Serbia
- The position is for a Canadian client. All work is to be done remotely.
- Work is to be done from 9AM to 5PM Canadian Eastern Standard Time Zone
- This is not a full-time or a term position
- If hired, the applicant will invoice Alextec Advisory d.o.o for the work performed for the end client
- Posted rate is in Canadian Dollars. The work will be invoiced in RSD (posted rate converted at the NBS middle exchange rate)